Last week marked Dialogue Consulting’s first Online Youth Participation and Engagement (Un)Conference. We had a great turnout, with thirty delegates from a range of different sectors.
Here are a couple of things that we found worked rather well:
- The keynote speakers, who many found insightful and even inspiring.
- The scope to discuss and explore the ideas raised in the morning sessions within the (un)conference discussions.
- Detailed explanations of the principles of community engagement development and how they apply across social media and within youth engagement.
We’ve got no plans to rest on our laurels however, and we’ve been busy going through feedback. Here are a couple of the things that you’ve we’ve decided to incorporate into our next un-conference.
- Timer clocks for all un-conference sessions.
- A mixture of both short and long conference sessions (for areas that require extended discussion).
- An optional pre-conference workshop to bring attendees up to speed with the basics of social media.
- A panel of the keynote speakers.
Thanks to everyone who has provided feedback. We’ve also compiled some of the most insightful tweets from the two days into storify stories. If you’re keen to go back through these insights, they can be found at the following links:
Again, thanks to everyone for making the event such a great success and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
PS- We will shooting out another blog post shortly with the presentations.
– The Dialogue Consulting Team