Need some community guidelines?
Here’s a set you can freely use under the CC0 license – you can do with it whatever you want!
Community guidelines are a key part of any online community, whether about a brand or even just an interest group. They “lay out the law” and provide clarity to the community’s members about what is and isn’t acceptable
The Australian Community Manager group has come together to produce this community guideline template – feel free to use it however you wish, however we’d love your feedback and thoughts.
You can comment on individual paragraphs – just hover over the content.
Things to consider
- What your community is about / what it does
- What you can or can’t say (such as legal limitations)
- What you will do about third party (e.g. commercial) posts
- Which posts you will remove
- A secondary channel for communication 9e.g. email, website)
The XYZ social media accounts are for us to engage with current and prospective customers to discuss our products (both good and bad feedback) and provide information about orders. We’re here 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday AEST (Melbourne time). Outside these times, we do not actively monitor or respond to comments, and we will respond to any out-of-hours content as soon as we can in business hours.
XYZ values our customers and community, and as such please be respectful of what you say to other users. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but please be constructive and do not personally attack or bully others.
We reserve the right to remove any posts for any reason. However, below are some guidelines for what we will immediately remove. If you repeatedly post inappropriate content, we may ‘ban’ you from the account or page.
We will remove all content that:
- Provides personal information about you or someone else (e.g. phone numbers, addresses, email addresses)
- Is likely to cause offense or insult to other users or the public
- Contains overt commercial content, commentary or advertising material
- Is obscene, racist, sexual in nature, discriminatory or indecent in nature
- Is directed at another user and intended to bully, ‘troll’, defame or otherwise harm someone else
- Violates any laws, including illegal acts, copyright, privacy etc
- Contravenes the platform (e.g. Facebook’s) terms and conditions
- Does not provide value to XYZ’s community
Third party content disclaimer
The XYZ community contains posts from us, but also from members of the general public. As a result, we waive all liability of third-party-generated content to the extent permitted by the law.
In the event you have any questions, comments or feedback about these guidelines, please feel free to email our team at [email protected] or visit our website http://xyzcorp.com .
Last update:1 January 3045
License: CC0, the most open of all licenses
To the extent possible under law, Dialogue Consulting has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to the Community Guidelines Template on this page.
Note that we also waive any liability associated with your use of the guidelines, and don’t guarantee that they’re up-to-date or cover every scenario for your brand.